Campus Advancement Committee Chair
The Campus Advancement Committee Chair is responsible for overseeing the research and planning for new programs and initiatives the Student Senate can bring to and implement at Drake University.
Fall 2011 Summary (submitted by 2011-2012 Campus Advancement Senator, David Karaz)
Campus Advancement Committee (CAC) has had a very constructive semester. Here are the things we have focused on:
Olmsted – How many students refer to this place as a cool student union? We are taking small and big steps to try to fix this.
1) D-Shoppe – The DU Book Store representative are in charge of the D-Shoppe. They agree that something needs to be done to improve this store. We have both agreed to work together to try and make this place better.
2) Tradition’s Pictures – The first thing we are going to do next semester is get pictures of DU traditions put up in the breezeway of Olmsted.
Residence Life – CAC found itself collaborating with RHA President Eric Ferring and the RHA Board on many different issues.
1) Proximity readers – This is the largest project we are currently taking on. We want to ease building access and increase campus safety for the student body. We are pushing to Drake’s business and finance reps, with the support of some student life and RHA faculty, that this is something students would like to see. I am happy to see how possible this may be in our immediate future. I promise to have more details in the future.
2) Shower temperature – R.A. ‘s are starting to post sheets in their area’s bathrooms to help facilities fix the water supply.
3) Water bottle fillers on fountains – This is an environmental push that we are in the beginning stages of working on. We also hope to get DEAL on board to help.
4) Cable channels – A laminated sheet of TV channels will be placed in every hall next semester. =)